Thursday, February 27, 2014

Too many Bugs / Creepy Crawlies

Every night before I go to bed I never fail to find something scary.  The other day I killed a scorpion- a poisonous one.  I killed it with a rock.  It was ready to strike.  My mom thinks there are probably more.


So far we have seen a giant grasshopper, an assassin beetle (it carries a deadly disease called Chagas),



plenty of mosquitoes, a giant cockroach, a giant beetle, giant spiders, daddy long legs, etc.


This is a tailless Whip Scorpion.  A bunch of these live in our storage building.
  




There are too many of them.  My mother says she is not too happy about that.  I agree- it is really hard to get a mosquito net to stay on a bed!

1 comment:

  1. Snakes strike with venom
    Scorpions can be killers
    Human stings are worse--Dorothy Anderson

    ReplyDelete